|>This page describes one of The Vampire Chronicles' policies and guidelines.|
All users are expected to follow policy, except where it would damage the wiki.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.</span>
Badge Boosting is forbidden on this wiki. Administrators are free to use their personal discretion to issue either a warning or a block in response to users boosting badges.
Remember, at the end of the day, there is no material benefit to be had from earning badges. While they are a good indicator of dedicated and efficient users, there is no physical reward and ultimately a badge is simply an image on a computer screen.
What Is Boosting?Edit
"Boosting" is the process of making either useless or maybe even malicious edits just to unlock badges, which are awarded for certain achievements in editing the wiki. It includes the following:
- Making malicious edits and quickly undoing them. No harm is done to the page, but this is still boosting. The user could have spent his time actually correcting articles, information or otherwise.
- Adding useless pictures to multiple pages.
- Making multiple blogs corresponding to the amount of blogs you need to "write" to get an achievement.
- Creating nonfunctional or irrelevant categories or misusing established categories.
What Is Not Boosting?Edit
Some things may appear to be boosting, but are not always so. For instance:
- Edit wars between a normal user and a vandal, who is trying to vandalize the page, and the user who is quickly undoing his edits. If the user is simply signing out and in again to vandalize/undo, we can tell by the IP address. All edit wars are to be reported to an Administrator.
- Sometime editors will update a page in stages, perhaps one section at a time, particularly when making major or extensive alterations or improvements to the entire article. Users may also notice a mistake after making their edit, and will then edit again to correct it. Multiple edits such as this allowed, although within reason.
Valid contributions with the aim of garnering an achievement is of course allowed. However, contributors should exercise great caution in ensuring that these additions are pragmatic, useful and accurate. Instances where boosting is suspected will be investigated and reviewed by an Administrator.